Tuesday, July 10, 2012

CEO – the magic ingredient for happiness!

What Does CEO mean to You?

The term CEO has recently taken on a new importance in my life.

The reason for this is twofold.

Firstly because it has been described to me as meaning

Chief 
Energy
Officer

I love this! It means that as CEO we are responsible for providing a positive environment for ourselves and also for everyone around us. What a delightful concept.

Imagine what an amazing world we would live in if each and every one of us took on this responsibility.

Secondly and perhaps more importantly I have realised that taking on and embracing the role of CEO is vitally important for anyone of us to be successful.  


Let me explain further. As CEO of a company or business there are 3 key principles that will ensure results and success.
  • Responsibility
  • Accountability 
  • Ownership 
Look at any successful Entrepreneur and these are qualities they express as being essential to their success. 


There are also 3 key reasons that can be contributed to lack of results or failure. 
  • Blame 
  • Justify 
  • Complain 
By blaming, justifying or complaining we are not just hiding from our responsibility.....we are giving away our power. If we are not at fault then we cannot fix the problem, if we are not at fault we will not be inspired to look for a solution and if we are not at fault then we will not take the necessary action. We have become powerless. 


However, when we take responsibility, accountability and ownership.....we can determine what we did wrong, what needs to be done and what decisions need to be made. We are in the driving seat and we are in control. 


Now of course this makes sense in terms of running a business but as I reviewed this information I suddenly realised that it wasn’t just about being the CEO of my business……it was about being the CEO of my life. If I want to be successful, happy and living a life I love, then I need to apply these 3 powerful principles to my life each and every day. 


So I have said goodbye to my old friends blame, justify, complain and welcomed my new friend CEO….Committed Empowerment Officer.


With much love and thanks to Wilson Luna - http://www.yourfamilyyourmoney.com/

www.JoAustin.com ~ Inspiring Others to Love Life

No comments:

Post a Comment